Sunday, February 28, 2010

Facing Difficult Circumstances

Read: Psalm 103:14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; and Philippians Ch. 4

Tomorrow, I must face a difficult circumstance. It's hard for me, because it's something I've struggled with for 22 years. I've tried so many things to help me deal with the fear that is a stronghold over my life. How does one, who has the faith as large as a watermelon (the mustard seed is just way too small), not be able to deal with a paralyzing fear? This fear has prevented me from truly living. I've failed to do things as places because of it. I'm so embarrassed to even share it. I'm just so exhausted living with it, and I’m sure my family is as well.

Once the fear takes over it controls my body. The symptoms I deal with are terrible and difficult to handle. I know the triggers in my brain, but for some reason I haven't been able to deal with these triggers. Panic attacks can be ugly and so embarrassing. I feel for anyone who is around me.

I've battled cancer and so far have won. The battle for me tomorrow seems harder and is more frightening to me. It just doesn't make sense?

I have my list of scriptures, and I'm praying for some victory.

God is so good! No matter what I'm dealing with, He is the same. This morning when I opened my devotional, He gave me a verse He has given me over and over again. I know it was not by coincidence – it’s God-incidence. He wanted me to remember this verse for tomorrow. I need to believe it, use it as my sword, and battle on. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

I know I'm not alone. I know we all have something. I had to share a little of what Mary Hollingsworth wrote (Hugs for Women) about "Soul-Esteem." She had been searching for a word to replace self-esteem. She wanted a word that would describe how "God knows that we are made of dust," but "our bodies are the temples of the living God.” She wanted a word that would show that even though we are flawed and weak as human beings, we are strong and capable because the Holy Spirit lives and works through us. She came up with the term soul-esteem.

"Our selves may be imperfect, incapable, and weak, but our souls are perfect, capable, and strong through brotherhood with Christ. Our souls are the image of the living God." She continues - "When I look in the mirror, I still see self, but I also look beyond self to my soul. I can finally look at the real me in the eye and smile. I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."

I need Him not only to do a miracle in my health, but a miracle in my soul. I pray that He would help me conquer my fear and forever prevent it from holding me back to do what He has willed me to do. Beth Moore wrote in her book, So Long, Insecurity, "We can choose to become well equipped and get out there and do some real living."

If you are like me, and have something that holds you back from living. A fear that you have no idea why you can't seem to deal with, I pray you will pray this along with me, and keep battling on so that nothing could prevent us from fulfilling our callings, or just from plain on living.

Oh, LORD, I pray you would help me conquer this fear that has held me captive for too many years. I pray that others would know that you are the One who strengthens me, and through You - I can do all things. I'm expecting a miracle. I pray this in the power of Jesus' name. Amen!!

No comments: